Home » » Creed

Creed

Creed

The former World Heavyweight Champion Rocky Balboa serves as a trainer and mentor to Adonis Johnson, the son of his late friend and former rival Apollo Creed.


Director: Ryan Coogler
Writers: Ryan Coogler (screenplay), Aaron Covington (screenplay)
Stars: Michael B. Jordan, Sylvester Stallone, Tessa Thompson | 







Storyline

Adonis Johnson is the son of the famous boxing champion Apollo Creed, who died in a boxing match in Rocky IV (1985). Adonis wasn't born until after his father's death and wants to follow his fathers footsteps in boxing. He seeks a mentor who is the former heavyweight boxing champion and former friend of Apollo Creed, the retired Rocky Balboa. Rocky eventually agrees to mentor Adonis. With Rocky's help they hope to get a title job to face even deadlier opponents than his father. But whether he is a true fighter remains to be seen.... Written by Blake ordonez


Details

Official Sites: Official site
Country: USA
Language: English
Release Date: 25 November 2015 (USA)
Also Known As: Creed: Corazón de campeón
Filming Locations: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA 


Box Office

Budget: $35,000,000 (estimated)
Opening Weekend: $29,632,823 (USA) (27 November 2015)
Gross: $49,597,556 (USA) (3 December 2015) 

User Reviews

About a month ago a friend called me from L.A. sobbing and slobbering like a baby. Once I got him calmed down, I asked him, "What's the hell was going on?" He said, "If you are wondering if J.J. Abrams did it, he did!" For those of you not in the know. J.J Abrams is famous for being the creator of Alias, Lost, 8MM, The Star Trek reboot and most recently The Force Awakens. Due to his Screen Actors Guild affiliation, my friend was able to see an advanced screening of the film. He told me for the 1st time in his life, he felt like a kid again. Although I couldn't really identify with the statement, I believed I knew what he was saying and where he was going and eagerly awaited seeing the film.

I experienced this first had today. No, I haven't seen The Force Awakens, but I did see Creed. It amazed me how many people I talked to over the past few months were unaware of this reinvention of the Rocky franchise. No question the series came off the tracks after Rockey IV, The War. However, this is the first movie in the series to not be written by Sylvester Stallone and although you know the character, you don't know the man, at least not yet. By the third act, I found myself crying uncontrollably; literally vision blurry from the emotional flood. The story was stirring and flawless, the drama, conflict and tone were far beyond real. This isn't the Rocky, or the struggle you remember. I challenge you to see this film and not be moved and that goes for men or women and franchise fans or not.

Imagine Michael Keaton in the Batman Begins role. That's what this film did. They took a familiar face and name and moved it into a rough rugged and raw, realistic world. This is the second film from Oakland native Ryan Coogler. His first film Fruitvale Station was a sobering tales based on an actual event that produced L.A. Riot destruction in the Bay Area. This up and coming writer and director is Oakland born and raised and his urban city upbringing casts a light on the film that makes you understand the journey in a way that pulls at your heart.

Visually the film is staggering, light, texture and motion all draw you in. Ironically the fight music from the Rocky franchise is called, "Alone in the Ring" at least twice I was drawn into this film deeply that I would have swore I was in Creed's corner if not in the ring myself. The soundtrack, although rap will motivate you. The lyrics may escape you, but the beats and fluidity and actually match the pace of your film and much like the thump of "We Will Rock You" your pulse and breathing will start to match the pace of the film. The acting is so strong, you won't miss "Yo Adrian" and you will remember that Stallone is an Academy Award Winner and that much of Hollywood thought that the director and star of this film should have got Oscars for their collaboration on Fruitvale Station.

By the movies end I was on such a euphoric state that I was fully prepared to leave my car and the theater and do a little road work and run home. Now, I wasn't alone, so leaving my car wasn't an option and certainly a block into this legendary run I would have realized that I'm a heavyweight in size alone and no longer a competitive athlete out of breath, would have walked back to my car with a Slurpee and fast food burger in hand.

Now, how often will a grown man admit to crying when it has nothing to do with the size of Kim K's ass. I can tell you this, fella's. There is The Godfather, Scarface and Creed. The movie is just that Gangsta.

I fully expect a nomination and win for this film. It's hands down top 10 in my book and the 1st movie to make me cry since E.T. re-boarded the mothership. Both this film and Straight out of Compton are strong arguments for Black Cinema and although race is not the issue here, we all have a story to tell and if it's only told from one perspective, you are missing out on details that may shape your belief, but then again, that might be "The Mans" fear.

I am moved, my soul is refreshed and I'm rejuvenated by the notion that great storytelling still exists. Rocky was the original story of the underdog, and this retelling of his tale is overdue.

A bit of trivia, the original Rocky was released 40 years ago to the date of this release and Sylvester Stallone is the same age as Burgess Meredith at the time of that release. Full Circle!

Creed - Official Trailer [HD]

Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2015 Free HD Movie Download